2/25/2014

Ósk til Akureyringa frá Matty Christensen dvelur í gestavinnustofunni í mars 2014.

Appeal to the people of Akureyri and environment.


My name is Matty Christensen. I am an artist in fine arts and I come from the Netherlands. In the month March 2014, I stay in the Artists Residence in Akureyri.
My intention is to do a photo project where I want to ask you for your cooperation.

I am looking for old 35mm foto negatives from you. These negatives I want to edit and then printed.
I etch with a needle in the negatives and paint over the image. These negatives are then printed again as a negative is printed normally.
This creates very colorful paintings on fotopaper. To you I would ask to give negatives to me. Portraits, landscapes and animals I prefer, but other pictures might bring me back to new ideas.

I ask for your cooperation because I often work in my projects with other people. That is truly inspiring because the input of another person always brings something extra new to my work and a different kind of level, more intense can be achieved.

Of course you get a photo impression from me of one of your edited negatives.

If it is within my possibilities, I would like to come and become the negatives at your home. I do not know if that works because I have no car and have to travel by bus.
Maybe you can send them by post to the address of the studio. Or you can come and bring it on Saturday, March 8 in the afternoon.

adress: Kaupvangsstræti 23
600 Akureyri

Then we can also get acquainted ...

kind regards,
Matty Christensen